Thursday, February 18, 2010

Time Flies

It has been 3 months now since I have updated my blog. Wow! Time flies right on by! I will be back updating for you all the progress and recovery of my next upcoming surgery. My total reconstructive surgery is scheduled for Monday, March the 8th. I am very ready and anxious to get it done and behind me. Dont get me wrong by thinking I am excited....I just am ready to take the next step painful though it might be. I am definaltely not looking forward to the recovery of another major opperation.

My grandmother is coming down again after the opperation to help me again. What a blessing! Her help is a God send to both David and I!

Will you all let me take a minute to gloat on my wonderful husband David? :) God knew just the right man for me! David is so even tempered, selfless, encouraging, so sweet and patient!!! He as been there every step of the way for me, and not just there, but continually going the extra mile to make sure that I have everything I could need. Throughout the years of my colitis I could not begin to explain the sweet patience he gave to me. And now with my ileostomy he tends so soft and patiently to me I sometimes am still in awe of how wonderful he is!!! I sure hope that one day I can repay to him every kind and tender love that he has so willingly given to me!!!

Imagine a stong and healthy 25 year old young woman, and that would be me! :) I havnt been able to say that about myself since I was a teenager in highschool! I honestly had forgotten what it was really like to feel "good". So many times that would be my reply to the everyday question "how are you?", but it was never the truth. I really can see now how sick I really was. Every single day for over 6 years I had gut wrenching pains over...and over...and over. I never slept through the night, and running to the bathroom in terrible pain seemed to just be my "normal". I am so excited that these past 3 months of my life I actually feel good! I have gained weight (maybe a little too much :) ) and been able to exercise and gain some muscle.

This next surgery, in my mind, is just another step to the new me! :) I am very thankful that I did not have Crohns, and that this ileostomy is just temporary. I can not imagine having to live with it! I dont know why, but I seem to have had alot of problems with mine, and am hoping that this next loop-end wont be worse (as I have heard it can be). I just went to see Dr. Graves on Monday, and he said that I only have to wait 3 months between these next surgeries. I am excited about that! I am hoping to schedule my let down surgery for the end of May.

David and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas together!! My sister had her first baby boy on November 20th, and I was able to go to Pennsylvania in January to go meet my nephew Andrew Joseph. 



Thanks for everyones prayers for me! I truly appreciate every one of them!! Please don't forget about me through this next one! :) Will be talkin to you all more on here! Take Care!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! So glad you updated. I had been stopping by and checking in on you but never a new post. You look beautiful and healthy!!!! if that is infact you in that picture on the post. Not at all like you added "too much." I just had the second of two surgeries and well lets just say that what should have been a typical three day stay was a week stay for me. What have I learned....I am not typical. I am ileo free which I thank the Lord everyday for but now I begin to struggle with the bumps that one goes through learning to live and adjust to the internal pouch. Stop by my blog in a a day or two to learn more about it. Thanks for coming by. Wishing you all the best. ML

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't sleep.
    So glad you have been feeling well and putting on weight. I have been praying for you! Sounds like you have an amazing hubby! And how wonderful that your grandmother is coming to help you-that is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look just great! So glad to hear you are feeling good. We will be praying for you as the next surgery approaches!

    ReplyDelete