Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So Happy!

I recieved a call last night as I was busily trying to get supper ready for company. As soon as I answered it my heart went up into my throat. It was Dr. Graves. The deatailed testing for the Crohns that he ordered had been in the labs for over a week now, and we have been anxiously awaiting the results. "But why is he calling me", I thought immediately. Normally I would hear back from his personal nurse. He started by asking how I was doing, and some other filler questions. My mind was wrapped around just getting to the point of the call, and I knew what that was....the tests. He finally came out and told me that the final test shows that it is Ulcerative Colitis in the small intestine which is just the backwash ileitis which will heal itself in time. The tests were conclusive that Crohns was negative! Praise the Lord!! It was all I could do not to scream on the phone. He said that we will just proceed on as planned with the next surgery which will be the reconstruction. I go in just before Christmas on the 23rd, and we will then talk about scheduling the next surgery. It probably won't be till February or March, but I am just so very happy and thankful that it is certain that I don't have Crohns! I have to take the time to thank each and every one of you for your prayers for me. Know that they have not been in vain!

Now for a quick update of the past couple weeks. My strength has come back pretty much all the way. I am doing very well. I have had a few more problems with my ileostomy, and those times have not been fun! It has been very important to have a backup kit ready in the car, and has been very useful. I just recently made the first ostomy order, and hope that I can find something that works for me. All in time.... A couple weeks ago I woke up with what I thought were some bites on my neck. They hurt though instead of itching, and I kept getting more of them as the week went on. It turned out that I got a mild case of the shingles. I only have 8 pockets that are spread out along my right neck and shoulder. I got an antibiotic started to help with the pain, and also help them not to spread. I can't believe how painful just this small case of them is. It is sharp pain all the way to the bone! I am still fighting them to go away. It just takes time apparently. On Saturday David and I got our Christmas pictures done. I am proud of myself that I am on top of it this year! :) The picture below is a sample. My grandma left to go back home on Sunday. I couldn't begin to tell what a blessing it was to have her here and all her help! She will be missed!

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family! Don't forget the Lord in the hustle and bustle of the holidays. He is the one who deserves our Thanks!!



10 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!! I am so happy to hear your wonderful news. You picture is beautiful, too! Keep up the good work...with God ALL THINGS are possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS SO "HAPPY" THAT I CRIED AS I THANKED THE LORD. LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture is sooo cute:) I am so happy that you don't have Crohns. That is a huge blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that He has answered our prayers for you! Praying that your recovery will continue to go well! We do have much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a tremendous answer to prayer - we rejoice with you and David!! May the Lord continue to give strength and direction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear that the Crohns test was negative.
    Hope you two have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome! We will continue to pray for you both!! Love the picture. Hope to see you on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praises! What wonderful news!!!
    I would love to exchange emails with you.
    I have so many questions. Questions only someone walking this path might understand being asked or how to anwswer. I got home friday from hospital. Still not feeling like I am 100% undruged other than the antibiotics and pain pills they sent me to p/u. I still feel very out of body. Well let me know what you think about talking off line. Thanks and so glad you got the news you prayed for. ML

    ReplyDelete
  9. just stopping by to check on you. Hope you are feeling well and that the Christmas spirit embraces you twice fold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been on my mind for weeks now. Each time I have prayed for your health and healing. Almost jumping up and down about the negative Crohns. PRAISE THE LORD!

    Have you shaken those shingle yet? Oh I hope that you are healing from that as well.

    My heart goes out to you, and you are an inspiration to all who read your testimony. Your honesty and openess are refreshing and help others realize that their own struggles and tests of their faith, and their feelings in the midst of these things, are all normal, and that God understands. He loves us so much.

    ReplyDelete