Sunday, March 7, 2010

Infection

Two days before surgery....

I have been suffering with a head cold for almost 3 weeks now, and at my pre-op apts my doctor checked me very thoroughly. He said he can deal with upper resperatory stuff as long as my lungs are clear. Thankfully they are. Yesturday I had a few errands to run and have a list of things to get done before I go in for surgery tomorrow. Early afternoon, while driving, my ear had a bad surge of pain. Then it started to feel like there was alot of pressure building up. I kept trying to yawn and swallow to get it to pop. Unsuccessful, my ear just started surging with pain, and soon I couldn't hear anything out of it. In just a period of 2 hrs I couldn't believe how bad it got! And I started to get kinda worried.

Long story short, it ends up that I have a full blown ear infection. No wonder it hurt so bad! I am very thankful I went in to a Ready Clinic to get it looked at. The doc gave me a topical presciption for it so as not to interfere with the surgery. With that and Advil I feel alot better this morning! Thank-you Lord!

That list of things that I need to get doone is not getting done today with me being sick....Oh well :( Guess its most importent for me to be well.

Would appreciate an extra prayer for this infection to go away, and fast! Can't believe that my surgery is here. Still don't know that I am mentally ready for this. Ready or not here it comes! :)

Will have David update my blog on how surgery went. Thanks so much everyone for your care and concerns, and most of all your prayers!!

3 comments:

  1. Rest is what you need to do. Dont worry about all the little things, they can be done later. I am praying for you and you know that God is with you and that everything will be fine. Its going to be a long journey but we are all here for you. The most important thing is that God is with you and that you have a great family that loves you.

    I love you and am always here even if theres not a lot i can do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your infection to go away FAST!!! Hoping and praying for your surgery as well....you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about you today! So glad the ear infection won't keep you from surgery. Hang in there!
    Love,
    Abby

    (And thank you David for giving updates!!)

    ReplyDelete