Thursday, September 10, 2009

Anointing

Pound...pound...pound was all I could feel against my chest as my husband grabbed my hand and started leading my towards the stage. It is Sunday night right after the invitation at church. I look up at my pastor and his eyes are filled with tears and he is all choked up. Not one word was said as David and I took a seat on the platform with 5 men of God surrounding us. Pastor took a vile of oil and poured just a small amount on top of my head. Next thing I know Pastor Bob's hand laid on my head and he started praying...pleading with God to do a miracle in my body. Two separate missionaries took there turn praying over me and David. I stayed clenched to David's hand as hard as I could so as not to burst out weaping. A steady stream of tears flowed down my cheaks. Bro. Gear's turn to pray over me, and then lastly pastor. I could hear his heart just broke. He was begging with God to do a miracle in our lives. I felt so small, and so weak. I prayed too, just thanking God for being our strength and our hope.

It was over. My eyes were burning, and I couldn't stop crying. I walked off the stage fast and headed right to the bathroom. I thought that from crying my mascara was getting into my eyes. they were burning so bad. Come to find out that a small stream of the oil had made its way down my forehead and was running into my eye. With a litttle saline rinse, and some cold water that little drama past. :) A little funny to look back on.

I don't think that I can express into words the amazing feeling it was to be surrounded by the prayers of great men of God. I felt so unworthy, but yet they were praying for me! God is so good....and I am so blessed!! We continue to pray for a miracle in my body. We pray for a miracle in a job situation for David. We pray for a miracle for us to have another baby, maybe not right now, but someday. It is a hope and longing that will never decrease or go away. The Lord is good, and continues His blessings toward us! We are truely grateful!

The surgery is just a mere 2 weeks from today, and nerves are setting in. We get to get away for 3 nights together next week down in Padre. I am very excited, and am looking forward to a special time together. I think that husband needs this more than I do. He is so good to me when I am sick. Even though he wouldn't admit it, he gets very cooped up. Not having a job definately adds to this alot! So, some time with him and a fishing pole will do him worlds of good!! :) I love the water! The beach in the off season is so peaceful, and relaxing. Thats what I'm most looking forward too!

Each day that passes, and I spend time after time on the toilet in pain. Each night that I lay in bed so tired and yet not able to sleep, then when asleep wake up over and over stumbling to the bathroom. These weary days and nights make me very glad that I am doing the surgery now. I am very glad that I won't have to deal with this for the next 6 months and then decide to do surgery. I am so glad that these weary days and nights, where it seams like I can't get anything done without getting tired, are soon to be over! I Praise the Lord for His goodness and mercies to us!

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog on a search I was doing to look for a photo of a J-pouch. I wanted to wish you luck with your upcoming surgery. My husband just had the 2nd of the 3 step procedure. He has not regretted his decision for one second. May God be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with your surgery, I had no problems at all with mine. I will not be having the second two steps, I found out I had crohn's after my first surgery, pathology determined this as well as the surgeons visual of my colon. I wanted a j-pouch so so badly, but this turned out to be okay (permanent ileostomy), after learning that I was stuck with a stoma, I cried for three days straight and it has been nothing but uphill from here. The surgery wasn't nearly as bad as I thought and I am completely recovered. I was completely recovered from step 1 at 6 weeks. Even the first few weeks were not so bad. I went to a baseball game with my family a week and a half after my surgery :) the pouch is very easy to deal with as well, so no worries :) You will be fine. My boyfriend and I went away for a farewell colon weekend right before my surgery, I really didn't know that life was going to get so much better for me. I am living now like I never have. Surgery was June 23rd for me and this has been the best summer of my life despite of it!!

    Sincerely, Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above comments were so encouraging!!! :)

    ReplyDelete