Thursday, September 3, 2009

Its Time

So I had another appointment with the surgeon today. I had several more serious questions to ask him, and to also talk to him about my general state of health as of right now. With much thought from both David and I, and with a recommended go ahead from the surgeon we decided to schedule the surgery for sooner rather than later. We decided it is better to do it now because my health is already so low. I don't really want to see where I will be in 3-6 months with my health just going downhill. The surgeon says that the more sick you are going into surgery the more time in recovery it will be. From beginning to end of the 3 surgeries is going to be at the very minimum 9 months, but more likely a year. I am not getting any younger, and am just ready to be healthy again. It will never be like it was before, and I understand that, but what I know is that this will remove this terrible disease from my body. I will be able to get stronger, and have a much more normal life than what I am dealing with right now on a day to day basis. Then maybe, just maybe the Lord will give David and I what we have been praying for for so long now, another precious child of our own. One we can actually keep, and raise to grow up and serve the Lord.
So, here it is. I am scheduled for the first major surgery September 25th at 7:30 in the morning. It will be at St. David's on 35. I am a sea of mixed emotions and feelings. I am nervous and scared, but curious and excited at the new life ahead of me. Pray for me......Pray for David....he needs a job more than anything right now. Love you all!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Jess! I am really glad for your decision, and hope it all works out so wonderfully for you! We pray for you guys often, and are hoping the best for ya! Thanks for bearing your emotions for anyone to see and keeping us all updated! We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad they were able to get your surgery scheduled. You will be feeling better soon! Hang in there! We will keep praying for you and David!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the scale of life, a year is such a short time to get healthy again. I just know that going through it will seem like an eternity, painful and emotional to go through so you know I will always be praying for you!
    And of course we are praying for David to get a job. Just like the Lord to make you hang on to a shoestring and then come through for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you... and will mark your surgery in my calender to be sure not to forget... and 9 months to a year only sounds LONG it's not that bad... I think for me It took over 14 months to be back to some what normal and now looking back it wasn't all that long (I had/have something different)..... We serve an awesome God and he loves you and your Husband so very much....

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOPE ALL IS WELL! UR IN MY PRAYERS MY 17 YR OLD DAUGHTER IS FACING THE SAME TYPE OF SITUATION THIS MONTH !

    ReplyDelete