Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our Trip

Do you see the rays of sun shining through the clouds behind me? It was so beautiful, and just a picture to me of God's greatness!! David and I got out together one evening, and went down to the peir for a walk out on the water. The weather was so beautiful, and it was so nice to be together! I am so thankful to have such a patient husband! The peir is very long, a good 5 minute walk out to the end! The closest bathroom is at the front, and for me, thats a bit of a problem. Two times we started our walk, got about 1/4 of the way down and I stop and turn around and start running back to the bathroom. Finally after 3 tries, we made it the the end of the peir. Mmm, dreams of days like these to be over are so exciting to think about!! Things like taking a long walk, and camping, and bike riding....only to name a few are things that havn't even been an option for me to do for so long now. Anyways, I am very thankful for my husband and how supportive patient and wonderful he is to me! Our walk on the peir was fun!! :)


I love the water!! I have always loved swimming, and it was the one thing growing up that I was good at! :) When David and I ever get away, it seems to always be around water. We love it! Below, you can see us in the ocean (very small) but we are there. It is so pretty and fun and relaxing all at the same time! We both got a little too much sun though. We are peeling like crazy already!



This next picture is one of my favorites from the trip. Right before we left we got a quick shot outside the condos. Our trip was amazing, and we are so very thankful for it! I know in a couple weeks I will look at these, and only wish I could be playing in the ocean... :) I am looking further though, to the end product, and then I will look at these and think of how bad I really felt during this time.



I don't want to take away from any of the glory from our wonderful trip above. Just real quickly I want you to try and imagine with me. Imagine running in haste to the toilet at least 2-3 times every hour. Imagine every time you are running an incredible amount of pain swelling throughout your entire body. Imagine sitting on the toilet in so much pain it makes your head spin in circles, and you seeing black spots, and just wanting to vommit all over the floor in front of you if it could help take the incredible pain away. Image once more wiping, and seeing large blood clots, then looking into the toilet and just seeing red. Imagine this over and over happening to you all day long, and then all night long, and then all day long the next day.

This has been my experience.....the story of my life....as I sometimes say. Friday and Saturday were a couple very bad days for me. I lost a very large ammount of blood altogether, and by the end of it started feeling very week and lightheaded. Days like that only make me so very happy of the upcoming surgery on Friday! On Friday I went to Kohls to pick something up for my mom. I spent 30 minutes in the bathroom. I called her at one point, and just started crying, "Mom, I don't know what to do". My poor mother was at work and obviously couldn't do anything for me, she didn't really have much to say to me except that she thought that I have made the right choice! I think so too!!

Only 5 more days till this old diseased colon will be out of me, and Lord willing I will be on the road to recovery, and a much healthier life! We are celebrating my nephews 1st birthday tomorrow, and it makes me so very sad! Him and JoLynn would have only been a couple weeks apart, and so close of friends. My heart continually aches for her, and for the hope that one day we can have another baby to cherish. Why does it always seem that somehow I end up summing my entries up with feelings and dreams of JoLynn? I guess the answer would be because that is where my true hearts desire lies. I am tired of it being about me and my health...I am ready to be normal once again!

7 comments:

  1. Love you Jess. You are going to get through this, and one day God is going to give you a beautiful baby who we will one day plan a first birthday for. I know this birthday is going to be hard for you, but know that I will never forget Jolynn and and even as we are celebratin Josiah we know the pain you feel and pray every day that God will give you your hearts desire. Remember we are here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear , Dear, Jessica, How sad we are that you have been through such constant pain. WE fell totally in love with both of you and our hearts are with you. How happy we are that you all had that sweet time away together. We pray for God's sweet mercies to use this surgery to allow you to have a better life. Love you so much and wish we could be there with you all at this time We leave for Brazil Oct. 1st. Pray for us as we pray for you. Lovingly, Bob and Naomi Nichols and family (written by Naomi)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Jess, How very sincerely we will be praying for you this week as you go through the pre-ops and also the surgery on Friday. I have already been praying that the surgeon will be compassionate and caring about you personally before, during, and after surgery. May you realize that you and David are in our hearts and prayers now and in the trying weeks ahead. Lovingly, Pastor Bob and Mrs. Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that you were able to get away for a few days. I am sorry that it was such a painful trip as well...both physically and emotionally. I don't know you personally, but want you to know that we are praying for you that you will one day have a beautiful baby of your own to love and cherish. We are also praying diligently for your upcoming surgery...may God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you were able to go away and have such a great time even though I know you weren't always feeling the best! The pictures are beautiful! I agree with Rachael--I can't wait for the day when we are planning a 1 year old party for your new little baby. I know God will give you the desires of you heart!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jessica,
    My husband and I just wanted to let you know we are praying for you and your husband with your upcoming surgery. We were reading on your website, and both of us wanted to drop you a note of encouragement. I, too, am scheduled to have my colon taken out- but next week (October 2nd). Feeling nervous at this point, which I'm guessing you are, as well. We are lifting you to the Lord as you embark on this "adventure to health." =) In His love, Kristi & Brandon Kosse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristi and Brandon,
    Thank-you so very much for your prayers! I will definatly be praying for you as well as you face surgery next week. Yes, I am a sea of emotions!! Starting to get very very scared and nervous. Im sure you know how I feel. Look for a blog update on Saturday, and I will post how the surgery went and before and after pics of my belly. I love how you put it in words... "adventure to health"...so very true! Take Care!!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete