Sunday, September 6, 2009

Blessings....

My cup is full! This blog update is to give glory to my Lord, and give thanks and praise to the untold poeple who have given so much!
II Corinthians 4:16-17 "For the which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory."
I could write out promise after promise the Lord has given us. How needy we are of the Lords' promises each day! "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart...." We know the verse all too well. It isn't till you cling to these simple verses that we've known all our lives till you see the full meaning of them! "....lean not to thine own understanding." How hard this part is to actually do! Our minds are so small, and we understand so little. I think that is why the Lord put lean. :) I don't think we will ever come to the place where we understand the Lord's plan fully. "In all thy ways acknowledge him..." The key word here is "all". Wow, this is where we are at right now! In every aspect of our lives right now we have totally given over to the Lord, and put it in His hands to control. The next part is the promise He gives us. "...and he will direct your paths." Its scary at times, but knowing that the Lord is in control makes all the difference!
Ok, so I will stop with the Bible study, and get on with telling you all the amazing things that the Lord is doing for David and I :) My Uncle Hobie and Aunt Connie sent us a check in the mail the other day for $500! It was so unexpected and jaw dropping, I just started crying! I will tell you all quick that David is in the process of getting temporary personal insurance for me. The cost of this will be through the roof, but very much needed till he can secure down another job. Also, his unemployment runs out next month. We are putting all the funds that we get into a savings account for security on our house and the insurance. I want to explain this so you understand why I believe the Lord is providing in so many unreal ways! Someone told me the other day something that really made me think. They said, "Jessica, maybe the Lord knew David needed to be with you during this time, and He wants to provide for you in other ways" This really made me think, and be thank-ful for David being able to be with me! Ok, so I clean for 2 ladies. They are both sweethearts! Patty is one of them. She called me the other day and told me that her and Deatett (the other lady I clean for) both want to help me in some way. Patty works with Arbonne and wants to do a fundraiser for me to raise some money. Don't know alot about it, but I do know it had to do with selling a hand cream. She is talking all about it with my mom, and trying to get others to help. So Amazing! She also has another lady friend (who I don't know) who does some sort of community-help type meetings every month, and Patty was telling her about David and I and she wants to do her meeting this month about me. I was speechless, and didn't know what to say. These meetings also raise money for the person that they are trying to help! Amazing too, huh! My mom was talking to her boss about the fundraiser, and telling her about it. Her boss then mentions it to the owner of the largest complex they manage, and starts telling them about us. This owner, who doesn't know David or I at all, donated $500 to us right there on the spot! WOW!! Can you believe this! I know that this is just the begining of the Lord providing for David and I. Just today at church and unknown person gave Josh, my brother-in-law, a check for $800 to cover our morgadge for next month! The verse at the top is so true to us when it says that the inward man is renewed day by day! Praise the Lord for His goodness to us!! We are so unworthy! I thought it would be nice for you all who are praying so hard for David and I to know that the Lord is providing, and watching out for us! We are so very thankful!! Please don't stop praying for us, we love you all!

9 comments:

  1. That's so wonderful! How exciting to see the Lord take care of you in big and small ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's so awesome! The Lord sure works in mysterious ways!!! We will continue to keep you in our prayers! Sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...so I am crying, but they are tears of joy that God is encouraging you all in these ways. One of my favorite is the verse about WHEN (not if)we pass through the waters, He will be with us. We love you and are praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had NO doubt that the Lord would provide for you and David. He know's how much you love HIM.
    Love you both lots. Grandma K

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AMAZING! I sure am praying for you guys! God is so good to give us exceedingly abundantly above what we ask or think and in was thay we could never imagine! How great it is to know just how much God cares for his children, and how He proves Himself in His promises!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its amazing how much God loves you both-you sure are so special. You are right about so much, the Lord is SO faithful and good!! I don't know why I ever doubt-and watching you too-has increased that faith!!! I continue to pray for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know we already talked about all this, but I just wanted to comment too and say that I'm so happy to hear this. On Sunday night when we went out you were the happiest you have been in a long time and I can really tell the Lord is working in your life! You know we are always praying for you! I can't wait to see what other miracles the Lord will work for his glory!!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) I was elated and yet so humbled! Having 5 men of God lay hands on me and pray over me was such an awesome feeling, and such a tremendous blessing! I will write a small blog on that. How amazing it was! You know, I only feel smaller and smaller the more the Lord shows His presence towards me! He is a mighty God!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...every time i read your blog, its amazing how much i see God in yours and Davids lives! youre an absolute inspiration to me, and i love you for that! i hope and pray that your surgery goes well tomorrow! love ya!-sarahegrover

    ReplyDelete